Happy Thanksgiving! No, I’m not actually blogging today (the wonders of technology!), but I am eating pie with my family in Fort Wayne and making plans for Black Friday. I’m planning to hit up a few favorite stores before checking out some festivals and holing myself up in the guest room to complete my Christmas shopping via Amazon. BUT! If I have some free time, I am totally going to head out to one of our beautiful state parks because Indiana is offering some amazing incentives to back out of the shopping line and head into the woods.
Here is what’s going on:
- Free admission at all Indiana state parks and reservoirs on November 24th, 2017. Print coupon from here.
- Free scavenger hunt to submit for a chance to win annual park passes. Print form from here.
- 1/2 price toboggan rental if you happen to road trip up to Pokagon State Park.
- Coupon for 20% off a meal from all Indiana state park inns.
- Giveaways for annual passes, lake permits, and REI gift cards if you post a picture on Facebook using hashtags #OptOutside or #OutOutsideIN. More directions found here.
Anyone else planning to skip the crowds and #OptOutside?
Fort Harrison State Park
6000 N. Post Road
Indianapolis, IN 46216