I remember when I first started blogging and everyone seemed to be posting about the Liebster Award or the Versatile Blogger Award and I thought, “I want one of those!” I realized later that they are a little like chain mail-you nominate people and then just pass on the love by being recognized by the people you nominated. It’s fun to discover new blogs and be appreciated by the bloggers who I already follow, but I typically don’t respond to all the nominations because they don’t fit my usual format. However, after a year of blogging and receiving the Liebster Blogger Award, Beautiful Blogger Award, One Lovely Blog Award, Sunshine Blog Award, and so many others that I forgot to record them all, I decided it would be fun to create answers to my own version of the award and highlight a few of my favorite fellow bloggers.
The awards usually include thanking the person who nominated you, so THANK YOU to everyone who reads and follows my blog. I feel so encouraged by your support and participation. I love the sense of building a community and sharing and receiving pieces of so many beautiful lives.
The awards then frequently move on to random facts about the author, so here we go:
21 Random Facts About Me
- I listen to many podcasts on my daily commute and my current favorites are Snap Judgment, Beautiful Stories from Anonymous People, The Splendid Table, and of course, This American Life.
- I recently joined a group of Indy bloggers and learned Instagram is the new blog, so I’m working to improve my insta game (follow me!).
- I binged the Masterpiece Classic TV show, Poldark, over the weekend.
- I love Aveda hair products
- And Urban Decay make-up.
- I get overwhelmed by large grocery stores, so I make Husband go. I also disapprove of long ingredient lists for recipes.
- I sometimes think my true calling is opening a gourmet grocery store in the Hamptons, ala The Barefoot Contessa.
- I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers.
- I plan imaginary weddings for my friends and family on the regular.
- I am supposed to be doing homework right now.
- Most of my homework is boring.
- I’m going to Prince Edward Island next month.
- I still listen to Taylor Swift, even though I’m supposed to be listening to much more mature things at my age.
- I kill all my plants (on accident!) and it makes me sad.
- I only make my bed when company comes over.
- I haven’t drunk soda in over a year.
- I would like to practice yoga more.
- I have daily conversations with Husband about politics.
- I love to watch Hitchcock movies in the summer. Or anytime.
- So far, commuting has brought me a speeding ticket, parking ticket, towed car, and cracked windshield. Lame!
- I haven’t seen the Northern Lights and I would like to.
And the awards then move on to nominating other people to also receive the award and repost the facts, but instead of that, I just want to share a few blogs that I read on the regular and hope to pass along all their love and light to you.
Jasmine @ The Richmond Avenue
Dawn @ Inspiration with an Attitude
Allison @ How to Get Things Done in 10 Ways
Lynne @ Lynne’s Recipe Trails
Lynn @ Lynz Real Cooking
And that’s it for this year’s blog awards. We’ll cya next time! 🙂
Aww Lindsay, thank you 🙂 . Thank you for highlighting my blog. I really appreciate your kindness and support.
Great to get to know you more, you have some really cool and interesting facts about you 🙂 . I have just started doing yoga at home now, and really enjoying it. When my plants pass on, I blame it on the weather…oh well… Take care and thanks again 🙂
Haha, I love the plant trick-I will definitely be blaming on the weather from now on!
Thank you soOOO000oo much, girl! This: “I also disapprove of long ingredient lists for recipes.” YESSssss! Also: love Hitchcock, two of my girls (your gen) are into yoga and (I need to learn!), making the bed is a lesson in futility (Bob takes care of it), we’re heading to Maine with family for a week (gettin’ outta this HEAT for a bit!), soda is evil, and I would LOVE to visit the Barefoot Contessa! Culinary goal for today: how to prepare a fresh artichoke! (I’m the old dog that must learn new tricks!) Thanks again!
Yay! We need to have a Hitchcock party! Oooh-I haven’t tackled the artichoke yet-let me know how it turns out!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love the artichoke! Better than the canned ones.
Fun to read. I have seen the Northern lights. Many years ago standing at a bus stop in the early evening. Could not believe my eyes. Hope you see them!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love reading your BLOGS! Most of all, love you and Husband! God’s blessings on your second year of writing BLOGS for the Love Bungalow!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great answers, thanks for mentioning me!
I feel like we have the same thoughts and that was really weird/cool to discover. Especially number 6! I’m so happy I have come across your blog again! Still love it 🙂 Off to follow you on Insta now!
Aww, love it! I’m excited to follow you back on Insta!
So happy to meet another This American Life fan!! I listen every morning. Thanks for stopping by my blog and liking my recent recipe for Wine Braised Eggplant. Have you been to Prince Edward Island? Growing up with Anne of Green Gables. gave me a very romantic notion of that place. Jessy
Aveda hair care is everything! Loved learning about you, keep it up! 😘