Not gonna lie, beer is not my thing. Actually, I pretty much hate it. But, I realize this places me in the minority of pretty much everyone, including many of my friends and readers, so what!? what!? I’m writing about it today!! Well, more specifically, I’m writing about Goose Island Brewing Company’s Famous Migration Week! Whew! A mouthful!
So, migration week is this awesome event where brewers, educators, and fans get together in cities across the country to learn about beer, try new beers, and basically, just celebrate beer all together. It’s a festive time full of fun and excitement from our neighbor brewers from Chicago and since I like to include different aspects of the wonderful Indianapolis experience on my blog, I thought I would share the schedule with you so you know how to get in on the awesomeness (and yes, I’m even checking out the fun myself, so maybe I’ll come back a beer fan. Who knows?)
Tuesday, August 9
- Event: Happy Hour with a Brewer
- Time: 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Location: Fat Dan’s Deli: 5410 N. College Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46220
- Description: Goose Island brewer Reed Schwenger is in town with the whole Migration Week crew from Chicago, and he would love to share some beers with you. Swing by on your way home from work to sample some rare beers, and kick off the Indianapolis Migration Week the right way.
Wednesday, August 10
- Event: Beer & Coffee Experience
- Time: 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Location: The Gallery Pastry Shop: 1101 E. 54th St., Suite G, Indianapolis, IN 46220
- Description: John Hall started the Goose Island brewery in Chicago back in 1988. Therefore, we have seen, drank, and lived our way through the craft beer world for almost 30 years. Turns out we actually learned a lot (despite all the beer drinking) and we want to pass that knowledge on to you folks.
- RSVP Here: http://gooseislandcoffeeandbeer.eventbrite.com
Thursday, August 11
- Event: Goose Island Urban Camping Experience
- Time: 8/11: 5 p.m., 8/12: 10 a.m.
- Location: Central State Mansion (backyard), 202 Steeples Blvd., Indianapolis, IN 46222
- Description: Join the Goose Island Migration Week team as we create an urban camping experience for those living in Indianapolis. Can’t find time to make it out to that quiet state park miles from the city? No problem. We have partnered up with Big Car to give you a camping experience right in your backyard. The evening will be complete with a bonfire, music, Bourbon County Stout s’mores, lawn games, food, and of course, some Goose Island beer. All proceeds will go towards the Big Car organization, and to support the preservations of Indiana parks. Additional details below.
- Tickets: https://urbancamping.eventbrite.com