It’s been eight days since I returned to my bungalow from the beautiful goodness of Iceland. It’s been my dream to go to Iceland way before it was cool-it was actually a quiz question on a “How well do you know Lindsay?” game at my 14th birthday as my #1 travel destination. I ended up going a few more places before making it to the land of fire and ice, but the timing ended up being pretty perfect (we have Instagram now!) My mom (remember her from her awesome guest post?) and I have this awesome tradition where we go on a fabulous trip every couple of years. Iceland marked four years since our last trip to Ireland and Scotland and now I can’t imagine waiting FOUR MORE WHOLE YEARS before another trip together because we always have the best time and laugh and laugh and explore everything.
Iceland is the bomb, though. I loved it. Not only is it the most peaceful country in the world, but the people there live longer than anyone else on the planet! They must be doing something (or a few things) right!
So, let’s talk about why you should go:
- It’s gorgeous. Like legit.
- Even with all the recent tourism, most of the land is still pretty untouched. It really feels like you’re getting away with quiet drives, tiny towns, and zero billboards.
- SO RELAXING! Natural hot springs are everywhere and you can begin and end your day with a warm soak.
- The Northern Lights! Seeing the Northern Lights was such an incredible experience-I cried! Nothing else really compares to this beautiful natural phenomenon.
- Food. We were able to enjoy a meal at DILL, Iceland’s only Michelin-starred restaurant and it was, for real, the best meal of my life. So in love with the new Nordic food scene and the involved culture and ancient food practices.
- Did I mention it’s gorgeous??
Those are just a few of the many reasons you should go, but overall, it was an amazing trip. Feel free to reach out if you’re planning a visit and I’ll fill you in on more of our highlights.
It’s back to study time for me. Happy travel planning!