This Sunday is Mother’s Day, as you might know, but I didn’t know and totally wrote and mailed out my cards two weeks in advance (thankfully Husband caught my error before the postman did). But I have it straight now and I’m even going to see my mother the day before, but it’s for a different reason (like MY SISTER IS MOVING TO TOWN!) with more on that later.
BUT! I’m here to help you out because your mom doesn’t need another bouquet of flowers or a random chocolates! She wants quality time! And I’m going to tell you how to spend that quality time (in Indianapolis, at least. Sorry to my global readers).
Here’s the plan:
- Call your Mom and tell her to clear her Friday or Saturday schedule. The two of you are going out now.
- Try to take tomorrow (Friday) off. It’s going to be nice outside and you don’t want to work anyway. If you can’t make that happen, Saturday will still be lovely.
- Meet up at the Decorator’s Show House and Gardens. It’s a lovely girly time where different local decorators design every room of a beautiful home to introduce you to all the latest styles and trends. She’ll love it.
- Lunch time! Take her to Petit Chou (my mom’s favorite) or The Garden Table or Fire by the Monon or really anywhere adorable in Broad Ripple that has a porch and serves iced tea. Moms like that.
- More houses! Head over to the Indianapolis Monthly Dream Home and check out what this year’s builder and designer have in store.
- Dessert time! Treat Mom to a delicious pastry accompanied by the laid back vibe of the Gallery Pastry Shop or a gorgeous piece of cake from an even more gorgeous interior of the Cake Bake Shop.
- Time to wrap it up with some shopping. Check out the boutiques at 56th and Illinois or one of my favs, Twisted Sisters by Castleton.
There you go! A perfect local day with your mom. She’ll love it. You’ll love it. And it beats 1-800 Flowers.
Let me know if you try any of these ideas! What are you doing with your mom for Mother’s Day?