I’m SO excited to share this recipe with you because even though it looks so beautiful, it is incredibly easy to make. Confession time: this was my first ever tart and I am now a total convert. It’s going to be tarts all the time because they are faster to finish and so much easier to decorate than cakes or pies while still looking like you put in a large amount of effort. Plus, tarts are classy AF. I struggled a little with the removable bottom piece as it slid around a bit coming in and out of the oven, but I think I can conquer that with a few more practice rounds.
I found this recipe online from Tutti Dolci this summer and thought it would be perfect for my tropical church cookout. And it was. I got so many compliments and have added this one to my “do again” Pinterest pile. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need:
- 9 sheets honey graham crackers
- 1/4 cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp fresh lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt
- Homemade or can of real whipped cream
- Lime zest and wedges
- Macadamia nuts, chopped
And here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For the crust, combine graham crackers, macadamia nuts, and toasted coconut in a food processor and pulse together to form crumbs. Mix in sugar and salt, then add vanilla, coconut extract, and coconut oil, and pulse until incorporated. Press mixture tightly into the bottom and up the sides of a 14-inch rectangular removable-bottom tart pan (I used a round one). Bake crust for about 10 minutes, until lightly golden and set. Cool crust for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- For the filling, whisk together egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl. Add lime zest, lime juice, and salt, whisking until smooth. Pour filling over crust and smooth with an offset spatula. Bake for about 15 minutes, until set (center will jiggle slightly). Cool tart for 1 hour on a wire rack, then transfer to the refrigerator until chilled, about 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, pipe whipped cream onto tart, and garnish with macadamia nuts, lime zest, and lime wedges.
Overall Recipe Rating: 4.5/5
Yum! I’m sad it disappeared so quickly because I am really craving some now. Anyone else have a good tart recipe to share?