I think social media has just taken a gigantic, beautiful sigh to acknowledge the wondrous, annual beauty that is FALL! There’s just something about the gentle breezes, flickering candles, and pumpkin smells everywhere that can turn even the most ardent beach lover into a latte drinker. Not only does fall mean stylish jackets, apple crisps, and beautiful wreaths, it also means FESTIVAL SEASON!
Last weekend, Husband and I attended the our favorite French Market Festival and the Penrod Arts Fair. Yesterday, was the Irish Fest and this coming week is an Apple Celebration just about everywhere. With so many ways to soak in the season while savoring Kettle Corn, it’s important to be prepared! Here are a couple tips for making the most out of this year’s festival line-up:
1. Dress in Layers. Fall can mean “chilly” when leaving the house and “sweaty” when under the stage lights, so be ready for any weather!
2. Wear Comfy Shoes. You will be walking. Enough said.
3. Bring Cash. Many booths are cash only and you want to avoid annoying onsite ATM fees.
4. Check Ahead for Savings. Many festivals offer discounts if you purchase at local grocery stores or have a Student ID. Do your research and you can save major money.
5. Hydrate. $5 for water once inside the gate? I think not! Bring your own bottle or drink up ahead of time.
6. Get a Ride! Nothing kills my mood like parking my car miles away in a field and trapsing through mud trying to find it again. My new strategy is asking Husband to drop me and my friends off at the gate and then taking Uber home. Curbside service. 🙂
7. Embrace It! Festivals are all about trying new things, meeting new people, and celebrating with the people you love. Don’t take yourself too seriously and try to make some memories before the Season That Will Not Be Named sweeps in and throws snow on your social life.
That’s all for now! What kind of festivals does your city offer? What are your tips for making the most of them? Cya there!