Hello, lovely blogging world. How’s it hanging? This past week has been a week of ups and downs for me: Thrilled to purchase a brand new car for my commute, but then frustrated when rear ended on Monday. Excited about getting more involved in church ministry, but then overwhelmed when adding more meetings into my already busy schedule. Passionate about my husband, but then lonely when I go days with no more interactions than a kiss “good-bye”. Productive when finishing a class project, but then discouraged when I realized the video camera stopped working halfway through the recording. Anticipating our weekly Saturday salmon sale at The Fresh Market, but then feeling a burst of creativity when the special was swapped with cod. Which brings us to this recipe.
And which brings us to a confession: I didn’t actually like this recipe very much. But I was so proud of myself for trying something new and mixing bold flavors that I couldn’t resist sharing it, with the hope that someone out there likes cod more than I do and will maybe have a more open mind to trying this “full of potential” dinner.
Here’s what you do:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place 1-2 pounds of fresh cod on greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, oregano, and sea salt.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter on stove. Add 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon cumin.
- Remove cod from oven, top with sauce, and serve (preferably with some roasted new potatoes).
Ta da! So original! So unique! So healthy (well, except for the butter part)!
So, go find some sale cod. Try it out. Let me know how it goes. Or not. I will also accept confusing emotional expressions.
Hope your week is calmer than mine!