Having an “almost” food blog has allowed me some pretty fabulous opportunities to be part of groups like Yelp Elite and Indy Blog Society where I get the low-down on all the hottest new places and the saddest restaurant closings. My food Instagram allows me the ability to keep track of menu changes and special events for all my favorite spots and I’ve realized that people have started to call/email/text me for Indianapolis food suggestions. Since Husband and I have made a hobby of checking out new places (except for you, chain steakhouses), I’ve decided to share a few of my favorite ideas through my new “Indy Guide” series. I know there are places I’ve overlooked or haven’t visited yet, but as of July 2017, I’m sharing my “5 Best Restaurants for Date Night” with future lists to come. Enjoy!
- Tinker Street. Complimentary tasting of bubbles, great wine list, and seasonal menu with a small, cozy atmosphere in Herron-Morton Place neighborhood. They don’t take reservations, so I usually try for an early dinner for a short wait time and easy access to street parking.
- Delicia. It’s all about the corn cakes here. And the guacamole. And the margaritas. And the “welcome soup.” And the great smells and the adorable seating. OK, it’s about everything. We love this SoBro place.
- Ambrosia. We are always the youngest people here and we don’t care. Torta appetizer is amazing and the Chicken Marsala is my favorite.ever. Frank Sinatra sings in the background while a fire crackles towards the back of this restaurant, located on the corner of College/Kessler. Make a reservation-I always forget and can never get in on the weekends.
- Bluebeard. I equally appreciate the cool vibes, creative menu, and super friendly service at this Fountain Square staple. Menu changes every day in this industrial space perfect for trying something new.
- Siam Square. This is a Husband favorite, but we both appreciate some tasty Thai food while hanging in Fountain Square. Always a wait, but never too long. Perfect Thai iced tea and crab wontons. They also offer take-out for any late-night cravings.
There you go! What are your favorite date night places in Indy?