Friends, we have an IKEA now. Well, technically, Fishers has an IKEA now, but hey, pretty much the same thing. I didn’t grow up going to IKEA, as the closest one is in Cincinnati, but I’ve heard stories for years about the Scandinavian chain with meatballs, cinnamon rolls, and maze-like journey throughout the gigantic stores. IKEA has become part of pop culture as the “relationship tester” or the box of a million parts with confusing directions. I read somewhere that 1 out of every 10 babies in Europe were conceived in IKEA beds, so they must be doing something right.
Since I have never taken an IKEA tour, I was pretty excited to be invited to a media preview day on Wednesday to try out the menu, walk through the store, and take home some free goodies. I enjoyed meeting up with other fellow bloggers (including theCityMoms and More Like Home) and learning more about this iconic brand, including IKEA’s efforts in conservation and access to employee benefits. While I am usually more comfortable with small, local business and unique designs, I definitely understand the draw to IKEA, especially with budget-friendly designs and free childcare and coffee. Not gonna lie, I definitely underestimated the size of the building after we had been walking for a solid hour and were only 1/3 of the way through. Definitely eat your Wheaties before attempting to navigate parking and trekking through this store experience, but I suppose IKEA fans are already used to that.
Be excited, though, because Wednesday, October 11 is the grand opening and EVERYONE will be able to check out the warehouse wonders! Opening ceremonies will include the traditional log-sawing to celebrate IKEA’s 45th store in the United States. I’m including the schedule of upcoming events because they are planning to give away a HAUL! People line up days in advance for free furniture, so let me know if any readers plan to go camping! Enjoy IKEA!
Here’s the celebration line-up:
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
- Rest Assured – The first 45 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 will receive a free EKTORP three-seat sofa, honoring the 45th U.S. store.
- Take a Seat (And We Mean Take It!) – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 will receive a free POÄNG armchair.
- For the (Truly) Young at Heart – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 will receive a free FAMNIG heart-shaped soft toy.
- Pick a Card, Any Card – The first 2,500 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 will receive a random prize envelope with IKEA Gift Cards ranging from $10 to $250, or a “Buy One, Get One Free” cinnamon bun, hotdog or soft-serve frozen yogurt voucher.
- Happy Birthday to You and Us – The first 100 adults (18 & older) bringing proof to IKEA Fishers on October 11, 2017 that their birthday is the same as the store’s will receive a gift card in the amount of $45, a tie-in corresponding to IKEA Fishers as the 45th U.S. IKEA store.
- Enter our Home, Enter to Win – From October 11 through October 15, 2017, visitors to IKEA Fishers may enter for a chance to win one of twenty $250 IKEA Gift Cards through the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program. IKEA is matching twice the amount of the prizes (a total of $10,000) with a donation of home furnishings to Dayspring Center, a local organization that meets the basic needs of homeless families seeking assistance and helps them realize their potential.
Thursday, October 12, 2017
- Sleep Like Royalty – The first 45 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on Thursday, October 12, 2017 will receive a free queen-sized HAUGESUND mattress.
- Cozy Comfort – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on Thursday, October 12, 2017 will receive a free ALINA “sleep set” that includes bedspread and cushion covers.
- Kids’ Best Friend – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Fishers on October 12, 2017 will receive a free GOSIG golden dog soft toy.
Friday, October 13, 2017
- Cook Like a Pro – The first 45 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on Friday, October 13, 2017 will receive a free 4-piece SENSUELL cookware set.
- Meatballs for a Year – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Fishers on Friday, October 13, 2017 will receive a voucher for 12 monthly meatball meals for two at IKEA Fishers’ Restaurant through next year, expiring on October 31, 2018.
- A Cold Sweet-ish Treat – The first 100 children (17 & under) in IKEA Fishers on Friday, October 13, 2017 will receive a voucher for a soft-serve frozen yogurt available that day at IKEA Fishers’ Exit Bistro.
Wednesday, October 11 – Sunday, October 15, 2017
- Play Big If You’re Little – Balloon artists, entertainment and face-painting will enhance the family-friendly fun at IKEA Fishers from October 11 through October 15, 2017.
IKEA Fishers shopping conveniences include:
- Free design appointments with a furnishings consultant
- IKEA catalogs, measuring tape, pencils, store maps, yellow shopping bags and 3 types of carts
- Same-day shopping satisfaction with products in easy-to-transport flat-pack boxes that benefit the customer and the environment
- 15 checkout lanes to ensure efficient customer purchasing
- Warehouse picking, home-delivery, assembly, and kitchen planning and installation services
- 2018 IKEA Catalogs, focused on how food-related activities help bring people together through everyday life in and around the kitchen